Strange messages with Office PowerPoint 2016

Nov 09, 2015

I'm getting weird XML error messages when performing certain Presenter actions, like when I click Sync Animations.  Everything seems to work OK, so I just dismiss the messages.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.  See attached screenshot.

3 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Steven -- 

Sorry to see you are experiencing some odd behavior! You may want to check out this information on Unexpected or Erratic Behavior in Studio '13, as well as this information on how Flash Player 19.0.0.185 Causes Corruption in PowerPoint Presentations. It could be helpful to check out this info on how to Fix a Corrupt Powerpoint, as well.  Please let us know if issues persist!

Steven Strell

Four months later and I am still getting these errors.  I don't have any corrupted presentations.  These dialog boxes appear as soon as I create a brand new blank .pptx.  Everything, Flash included, is up to date.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Presenter to no avail.  These errors do not appear with Powerpoint 2007.  There have been no updates to Presenter since I posted this either.  What do the messages mean, anyway?

Christie Pollick

Hi, Steven -- Thanks so much for your reply, and it may be best at this point for you to work directly with our Support Engineers so they can maybe take a look at your system logs to determine the root of the issue. I'll go ahead and create a ticket on your behalf, and you will be receiving a confirmation message to the email we have on file shortly. Please check your SPAM folder if you have not received the message in the next 10 minutes or so, and I'll be sure to follow along with their progress! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.