Studio 360 Audio Editor EXTREMELY unreliable

Mar 25, 2019

I've found the Audio Editor to be extremely unreliable and unpredictable in Studio/Presenter 360.  It was bad in Studio '13 too; that's part of why I was excited to upgrade to 360.  Frequently I click on "Audio Editor", and... nothing happens.  If I wait five minutes, SOMETIMES it opens up.  If I shut down PowerPoint and restart it, then it usually launches, but only once or twice, and then it's back to doing nothing.  The same thing happens with the Import Audio function.  It's very time-consuming to have to force-quit (ctrl/alt/delete) PowerPoint every time I need to adjust sync points (or import audio files).

The software is installed (and I always work on) the local (C:) drive.  I've tried all of these suggestions: turning off User Account Control (UAC) and rebooting; re-installing Articulate; repairing the registry keys for PowerPoint; and making sure the Microsoft NET Framework in enabled and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime is installed.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Karen, 

That sounds really frustrating! I'm sorry Presenter 360's audio editor has been causing you so much trouble. 

I see you opened a Support case earlier this month about the same problem, and Anna recommended disabling UAC and your antivirus software (if any) temporarily before reinstalling the software. It looks like that helped you for a bit, but now the issue has creeped up again.

I'd love to escalate your case so we can do some further digging into your system. One of our senior support engineers will be in touch with you soon!

Karen Westphalen

I'd like to add at this point that I was contacted by a senior support engineer at Articulate, who was willing to have a conference call on this issue.  It was like when you bring your car to the garage and it suddenly stops making that weird noise - the Audio Editor functioned perfectly from the time I received his first email.  Odd coincidence?  Anyway, he provided a list of things to check on in case the problem happens again, so for the moment this issue seems resolved - or at least I have some steps I can take towards diagnosing it if this happens again in the future.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.