Studio 360... or is it Presenter? ABSOLUTE BEGINNER IS UTTERLY LOST!

Sep 17, 2021

I have been asked by my employer to explore "Articulate 360" to see if it could be useful to us. I signed up for a 60d free trial. I foolishly assumed Articulate 360 was a 'thing' in itself, only to be confronted with a mind bogglingly confusing matrix of nested suites of other things. I dove in anyway. Over the last 3 weeks I have searched dozens of Articulate 360 web pages (at present I have TEN TABS OPEN and NONE of them are helping me) to try and figure out where even to BEGIN, but I'm still utterly lost. I eventually learned about Studio 360 so I thought that would be a good start since most of our 'trainings' are ppts. I click on the Studio 360 "Open" button only to find THREE MORE things--MORE NESTED SUITES! Mindlessly clicking on each one, I found the one that instructed me to open PowerPoint, so I did that, and....? Now what do I do????? Do I just open an existing ppt and start adding stuff from the tools in the "Articulate" tab? (Why is it called "Articulate" and not "Studio 360" or "Presenter"?) Do I have to start from scratch using the templates? Can I use an existing presentation? I am so beyond frustrated, I'm practically in tears. Is there ANY fundamentally INTRODUCTORY lesson on Studio 360? I've given up looking for such things related to "Articulate 360" itself, since it's not a thing in itself. The one I found was useless to me as it jumped into recording audio, publishing, and only touched VERY BRIEFLY on actual slide development or manipulation saying, "additional trainings get into that", but I can't find those additional trainings! I'm running around in circles and getting nowhere because I don't even know where to start.

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Kim, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

I'm happy to help you navigate the different apps included with your Articulate 360 trial. 

Let's start with these videos that introduce you to each Studio 360 app (Presenter 360, Quizmaker 360, and Engage 360). You will also find tutorials right below each video.

If you want to use PowerPoint files, you are not limited to Presenter 360. You can also import them to Storyline 360, which will give you additional interactivity options. Take a look at this recorded webinar (you can start at 22mins) for an overview of Storyline. 

Our training page gives you access to more of our videos, recorded, and upcoming webinars in various subjects and apps. 

If you need additional information or have other questions, please reach back!