Sync Animations

Dec 06, 2011

I am using Presenter '09 V6.3.1103.112 Pro

Looking for suggestions as to what I am doing wrong.

1. I created a custom animation.

2. I imported audio files.

3. Articlulate > Sync Animations

4. Slide loads with all items on the screen.  I thought the items that were animated would not appear until I selected the Start Sync button.

The navigation buttons in the Contol Panel ribbon do not work, so I can only see the current slide.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

16 Replies
Robert Wakefield

Hello Peter,

I managed to get through that project, but I am now in the throes of another, and experiencing the same issue again. I have restarted the system and I have also read through the link you posted. This seems to be a random issue. I worked on this project all day yesterday without this problem, and now suddenly today I can't get it to stop.

What is happening is when I select the slide I want to work with and then select Sync Animations, the dialog comes up, but all of the animated elements on the slide are visible (they shouldn't be, I have them all set to Fade In). Additionally, if I try to change to another slide within the Sync Animations dialog, the slide view doesn't change - it remains on whatever slide was visible when the dialog opened.

This is a fresh install of Studio '09 - it was just re-installed yesterday.

Peter Anderson

Hey Robert!

Sorry for the frustration. Do you want to send us your files so we can take a closer look? One of our support engineers will work with you to pinpoint and troubleshoot the issue. If you'd like to do that, please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Please be sure to include a description of your issue, your version of PowerPoint, version of Windows and version of Presenter '09, which you can find in Help and Support -> About Articulate Presenter. Please also include the URL for this thread so I can follow up with you personally in the forums. And feel free to come back and leave your case number here so I can keep a close eye on it. Thanks!

Robert Wakefield

Hi Peter,

In buggering around with this, I did find a way to stop my problem from happening.

What I had been doing was, in Powerpoint, selecting the slide I wanted to sync animations on (I had already synced animations once, but wanted to re-do one particular slide). Then, I would click "Sync Animations". That dialog would come up, but wouldn't be working properly.

What I found I have to do to get it working is go to the very first slide in the presentation, and THEN click on Sync Animations. The dialog window would load properly, and THEN I could select the slide I wanted to work on. It would change to that slide and appear normally. I could then begin syncing the animations properly.

Not sure why that's an issue, but there you have it. I have not replicated this "fix", but after several failed attempts, doing it this way got it to work.

R.

True Disbeliever

@Peter,

I opened a case: 00336341: 00336333

I noticed today that my employer pushed Microsoft security patch on .NET 3.5.1 the morning before symptoms appeared.  That patch is KB2804579.

Recognizing @Tina's experience above, I also note that two patches for IE8 ran in the same batch: KB2847204 and KB2829530.

I wonder if anyone else starting seeing symptoms similar to mine after those patches were applied to their systems?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.