Triggers

Dec 15, 2011

Okay, so I forgot that Presenter does not support Animation using a trigger “Start effect on click of…”

So... without using Engage, which I don't have anywhere else, is there another work around?

I have an image with 3 sides in the course, with a corresponding text box that should appear.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

sean

12 Replies
Ron Price

Hey Sean,

The easiest way would be to use hyperlinks in PPT to branch to other slides.  You can duplicate the slides so that they look identical, except for the text box you would be adding.  After creating the hyperlinks, you can easily hide these extra slides in Slide Properties. So, to the learner, it has the same effect as a "clicknreveal" interaction.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need it and I will whip up a screenr on it - I may already have one . . . if so, I will post . . .

Sean Speake

That could very well work... my concern is if learners click out of order.

Let's say there are 3 things to click - A, B and C.

When they click A Text Box 1 (TB1) shows up, when they click B then TB2 shows up and so on.

By spreading over multiple slides, the logic could get pretty complex, and the additional number of slides to create could get pretty messy.

So... they click on B and TB2 they go to a slide where TB2 shows up. Then they click C, so they'd need to go to a slide with TB2 and TB3.

Kind of hoping hiding multiple versions of the same slide is not the way to go about it. =)

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Sean Speake

Okay... so not having come up with another solution, and deciding to sleep on it, I came to the conclusion that the suggested way is likely the best solution. And fortunately not as complex as my tired brain was making it to be.

However, now when I'm previewing the range of slides in question to test it out, I'm getting strange behaviours. Click boxes are sending me to the wrong slide, even though I've verified multiple times in PPT that they are pointing where they should be.

Is this a function of testing just a range of slides and not the whole thing?

I'm also getting funny animation sync issues, where stuff that I synced perfectly yesterday is now not sync'd to the narration.

Thoughts?

sean

Josh Webb

Hi Sean,

Have you tried this?

https://player.vimeo.com/video/149037777

It was featured in a recent Word of Mouth blog by David Anderson (screenr by Think eLearning).

I've typically stuck to the "click and reveal" approach but I understand the frustration that comes with guiding the learner through the content and setting the properties/slides to behave as you want them to.

I think this simple approach using Snag-it may be just what you need.

Best of luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.