Upgrade to Articulate 360 Woes

Mar 12, 2018

I'm generally not a whiner, but is anyone else experiencing problems working with PowerPoint since upgrading to Articulate 360?  I was forced to do this because Studio 13 no longer supported Microsoft Edge and since then it has been a real headache.

1. It takes forever to load "Import Audio".

2. The wavelength in "Audio Editor" is way off the slide changes so it is impossible to edit - I have to switch to a third party editor.

3. Square annotations are not the same size when previewing or uploading to LMS systems.  I've attached an example of how the squares look in PowerPoint and how they look when converted to an LMS system.

4. Other annotations move off the line or sentence they were intended to highlight.

5. The whole system is very sluggish and PowerPoint often crashes when going back and forth from the slide show to Articulate.

I'm have to stay with Articulate because I am in the middle of a series of lessons for a client but if anyone has any suggestions, I'll do anything to make this program work better!

Jack

9 Replies
Todd Cummings

Yes, you arent alone. There are some major bugs that still need to be worked around. For things like tables and other annotations that require precise placement, we have resorted to  replacing the objects with an image file inserted instead. Having an image instead of the individual pieces keeps spacing correct. Definitely annoying.  

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Jack,

Sorry that you're running into performance issues.

You mention that you were attaching an example, but I'm not seeing that and it would certainly be helpful in taking a look at what you are experiencing.

You can share your Articulate Package right here in the forum thread via the 'Add Attachment' button in the reply window.

Jack Dayley

Things are getting worse.  In addition to the issues I have, I get an error message when I try to publish to LMS.  It publishes to Articulate Online fine, but not LMS.  Also, I get another error message when I try to upload my PowerPoint to you.

mick kless

Here it is 2 years later and I'm getting a similar error when trying to upgrade to 360. I had to open a case with support. We have a ton of courses that we built that were dependent upon FLASH at the time. Now we need to eliminate flash and are trying to upgrade but have had multiple failures.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.