Variety of Audio Issues
Like many of my courses, I recorded much of my audio via the "Record Narration" option on the Articulate tab. However, as I have done in the past, slides with longer narration (or wordy narration) were recorded within audio editor so we could record in smaller chunks. Before saving and closing, I scrolled through the audio editor and everything seemed to fine; my slide transitions were in the correct place and everything was accounted for. I saved the audio and went on to sync my animations.
While syncing I soon realized I had a problem. I closed the Sync Animation screen and reopened the Audio Editor to see what was going on. I found a variety of issues:
- Most of the slide transitions (cue points) were incorrect/missing
- Audio was duplicated on a few of the slides (repeated itself)
- Several slides were missing the first few seconds of audio (this is the most prevalent issue) or the last few seconds
- There were large gaps of silence inserted into an audio clip (full recording was present)
- There were large gaps of silenced audio (where audio was replaced with silence)
- A single slide's audio overlapped across multiple slides (which previously did not contain audio)
I will have to rerecord approximately 50% of my audio. I will also IMMEDIATELY export the audio this time (lesson learned)! Before I do, I would really like to know what caused such a mess so I don't encounter this issue again. I apologize for the long winded post.
(Also, unfortunately I will not be able to attach this presentation for someone to take a look at.)