video in presenter panel

Jul 17, 2014

hi, i'm using articulate studio 13 and i don't find all these instructions to put my video in the presenter panel. i read:

Choose Display in presenter panel as shown in the image above.
Use the Advance to next slide dropdown to choose how the user moves from the current slide to the next one. If you pick a setting here that’s different from the advance setting in your presentation's Slide Properties, the setting in Slide Properties will change automatically to reflect your choice. Choose one of these:

• Automatically when movie finishes: This’ll cause your presentation to advance to the next slide on its own when the presenter movie’s done playing. If any narration or animations on the slide extend beyond the end of your video, the slide won’t advance till those finish too.
  • When user clicks next: This means the user will need to advance the slide themselves — it won’t happen automatically.

I need to stop my video when i want, but my presentation have to advance only when video finish.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english!!!

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Cristina,

Welcome to the community!

I'm afraid I'm not quite following that you'd like to do here. It sounds like you want to have your slide advance when the video finishes - if that's the case, the option for Automatically when movie finishes would be the best choice for you.

If not, could you please add a little more information on how you'd like to see the video and slide behave?

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Cristina,

I apologize for the confusion. First of all, it looks like the tutorial you linked to, is actually for Studio '09, not Studio '13.

This is the tutorial for Presenter '13:

Managing Slide Properties

Articulate Presenter lets you add videos to the sidebar of your course, one for each slide. Presenter panel videos are synchronized with the slide. Use the course's Play/Pause button and Seekbar to control video playback.

So, you wouldn't be able to manage three or four slides with one video.

Here's more information on that:

Adding a Presenter Panel Video

I hope this information helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.