What happens if logo in sidebar is wider than 244 pixels?

Apr 09, 2013

I've been given a .JPG image to use as the logo for my course. The image is 384 x 150 pixels. I requested that the image be resized to 244 pixels wide (to meet Articulate specifications). However, the image that came back was of lower quality than the larger version. When I test each the logos in the Articulate player, the larger logo looks quite a bit better!

So, my question is: What issues might arise if I decide to use the larger version of the logo and allow Articulate to resize it? I have tested the larger image at several different resolutions, and it looks better in almost every situation. The person who created the logo is very busy...I'd like to avoid another iteration.

Any thoughts on why I should keep the logo to 244 pixels wide?

Thanks!

DeDe

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there DeDe,

It's really a recommended size, nothing is set in stone :) If you prefer the way the image looks with the larger resolution, by all means, stick with that one. However, you may want to test and make sure this is going to show up properly after publishing and uploading your course. If you're using a web server or LMS, I'd recommend uploading and testing the course there. 

"To fit in the logo panel, your image should be 244 pixels wide or less, and 92 DPI. You can experiment with different heights, but keep in mind that the greater the height, the more likely your logo will force other stuff in your sidebar (like the presenter panel and the navigation panel, if you're using them) lower on the screen."

Also, to be safe, you could test in various browsers to be sure it displays properly. 

You don't need to do any of this, of course, but it couldn't hurt to do some additional testing that may save you trouble in the end. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.