Your Articulate Presenter project cannot be upgraded to the new Articulate Presenter '13 file format.

Aug 10, 2015

I had downloaded the update last week and have been having this problem since then. Whatever button I pressed in Presenter, the same message kept coming up. 

I did the following and still no luck:

- reinstalled the software and restarted computer

- de-activated Studio and activated again

- moved PPT file to local drive (the file was initially created in Presenter '13)

- donwloaded the upadte again

- open some other slide decks and experienced the same problem

Not sure what else I can do to solve this problem? Please help!

3 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Mich -- Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, and thank you for outlining the troubleshooting steps you have already tried. 

One more thing that may do the trick...

If Articulate Studio '13 isn't working properly, a simple repair may fix the problem. Please follow these steps for your version of Microsoft Windows:

Windows Vista or later
  1. Close PowerPoint and all Articulate programs.
  2. Locate your Studio installation file. If you can't find it, download it again, and save it to your computer. Use the download link in your product confirmation email, or click here.
  3. Right-click the installation file, and select Run as administrator.
  4. Select the option to Reinstall, and follow the prompts to complete the process.
  5. Reboot your computer.
Windows XP or earlier
  1. Close PowerPoint and all Articulate programs.
  2. Locate your Studio installation file. If you can't find it, download it again, and save it to your computer. Use the download link in your product confirmation email, or click here.
  3. Double-click the installation file.
  4. Select the option to Reinstall, and follow the prompts to complete the process.
  5. Reboot your computer.

See also:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.