Articulate 2009 - Publish Support

Aug 28, 2014

Hi,

I regularly design courses in Articulate and I'm encountering an error I haven't seen in the past - (I'm using the Studio 09 package). Every time I go to re-publish a course, after some edits from SMEs, the quizzes sometimes do not load when you view the course and you get stuck on them.

I have one course in particular now - designed it to include 6 "quizzes" - that act as knowledge applications throughout the course - and every time I need to repbulish the course after QA testing I need to go in and open and save each quiz. I thought I had identified a solution by deleting the folder before I republish. But that doesn't seem to solve the problem. I'd like to avoid having to touch each one every time I make an edit somewhere in the course.

Thanks

john

5 Replies
John Luczkowski

Leslie,

Thanks for responding. I think I need to be a little more clear - sorry for not explaining better!

The issue isn't with the SMEs. The issue comes from once I make edits to the course - even if it's just one typo on a regular PPT slide, when I re-publish the course the quizzes freeze when you view/launch the final product. I'm trying to see if there's a way to avoid opening and saving the quizzes (and sometimes engage interactions) every single time I make an edit and want/need to re-publish.

I thought if I deleted the entire output folder each time that it would solve the problem - but it doesn't.

As I said I do a lot of work in Articulate and having to spend the extra 10 minutes each time really slows me down.

thanks

john

Leslie McKerchie

Hi John!

How are you viewing the published presentation? Can you try to view in its intended environment as your learner would?

Be sure that the file path to your presentation and also to the location where you are publishing are both well under the 260 character limit imposed by Microsoft Windows. Otherwise, any files or folders in your published output that exceed the 260 character limit will simply not get generated.

John Luczkowski

Leslie,

I'm viewing it by simply opening the player.html file after publishing. thanks for the headsups about the character limit. Didn't realize that, but in this case it isn't a problem.

I understand how the application uses the urls created to link to the various package itmes, so I'm always careful about file maintenance and relate issues. In this case, it's just rather annoying to have to open each quiz up in Quizmaker every time I want to re-publish the course after making a change or two - and that's just on the regular PPT slides.

I posted on the LinkedIn Forum and someone smartly pointed out that there's a publishing setting in the options that will automatically write-over the quizzes. I'm wondering - I tried that to no avail, but I deleted the folder before republishing since I had originally thought that might solve the issue before i saw that response. Do you think if I select that option but then don't dlete the folder it would update the quiz. It's important to me in the sense that I develop a lot of courses - Articulate being our main design tool, and it's an annoying waste of time. Plus, we have a very small tolerance for course issues because our company is heavily dependent on client technology out in the field.

Anyway - any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

john

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.