Certificate of Completion

Dec 13, 2013

I incorporated a certificate of completion in the old Quizmaker 09 by modifying the report.html file per a great video by Brian. With the upgrade to the new Articulate Studio, the old certificate created with the report.html file no longer functions.

Any ideas how I can incorporate the same functionality using Quizmaker 13?

Thanks!

56 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Patrick!

Articulate apps don't currently support certificates of completion. If you'd like to suggest this feature, please submit your request to our product development team for review.

However, we do have an article on this for Quizmaker '13 that may help:

How to Create Certificates by Customizing the Report.html File in Quizmaker '13

I believe it's a similar method to the one you used for the earlier version. Hopefully that information helps. If not, perhaps some of the community members that have been successful with using a certification in Q13 can chime in with their suggestions.

Thanks and good luck on the project!

Linda Muchow

I, too, have incorporated a certificate using Quizmaker '09 and have upgraded to Quizmaker '13. I used the info from the link provided by Christine Hendrickson in the previous post. My certificate works in '09 but only publishes the certificate of completion.png picture in '13. None of the information in the code after that works within the certificate. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bradley Craig

Hi,

I am trying to create a certificate in 2013 as I did before in Presenter 09. But it does not seem to work.  I did it the same way in past as described here;|
http://www.articulate.com/support/quizmaker-13/how-to-create-certificates-by-customizing-the-reporthtml-file

Previously I would:

1.  publish it for manual uploading to Articulate Online
2.  Rename the output file to have a .ZIP extension
3.  Unzip it
4.  Navigate in the unzipped folder to where you find the report.html file
5.  Replace the report.html with the one in the zip file above
6.  Place the quizimages folder in the same folder as the report.html

The quiz is in the 2013 presentation, and I update the report.html and add the file quizimages, but it does not generate a certificate.

I've contacted articulate, and like Christine did above, they send me to that link in which it is clear they using 09 and not 13.  If I can't create a modified certificate I just blew my money away on the Articulate upgrade and will want my money back.  It's useless for my business without it.  

Larry Hieb

Bradley Craig said:

Hi,

I am trying to create a certificate in 2013 as I did before in Presenter 09. But it does not seem to work.  I did it the same way in past as described here;|
http://www.articulate.com/support/quizmaker-13/how-to-create-certificates-by-customizing-the-reporthtml-file

Previously I would:

1.  publish it for manual uploading to Articulate Online
2.  Rename the output file to have a .ZIP extension
3.  Unzip it
4.  Navigate in the unzipped folder to where you find the report.html file
5.  Replace the report.html with the one in the zip file above
6.  Place the quizimages folder in the same folder as the report.html

The quiz is in the 2013 presentation, and I update the report.html and add the file quizimages, but it does not generate a certificate.

I've contacted articulate, and like Christine did above, they send me to that link in which it is clear they using 09 and not 13.  If I can't create a modified certificate I just blew my money away on the Articulate upgrade and will want my money back.  It's useless for my business without it.  

After what had to be one of the most requested feature requests from it's customers, Articulte totally ignored it's customers on this one once again. I have not upgraded myself for the same reason and don't know if I ever will.

Bradley Craig

Larry,

Yes, how can you be a developer of online course material and not understand the need for specific unique certificates.  I am seeing the world as half full right now and that Articulate will make this happen. If not, I will need to downgrade to the previous version to do what I need to do for my business.  This would mean the whole purchase of 2013 was wasted money and hopefully Articulate will do right by me and refund me.  But my preference would be for someone to find a way to create a certificate.  I know some options, but all of them would allow anyone who has that website to log on and produce a certificate without taking the class.  A unique certificate should be a basic component of Articulate 2013.  

Articulate...anyone reading this will to respond to help you customers? 

Bradley Craig

Leslie,

As a very expensive e-learning tool why it is not obvious to Articulate that it should be supported I don't understand.  Common sense is that if individuals want to develop on line content they may need certificates of completion unique to their company.  In the previous version we were able to make it happen simple enough whether or not it was supported, and now I find nothing on how to do that except links from Articulate staff directing me to videos that show how to make it work in 2009.  

Why are you all not aggressively working to meet this basic and obvious need for many of your clients?  What are you doing about it?

Leslie, can you explain to me why this is not a feature Articulate thinks is important and/or willing to support?  I really would like an answer as a customer who has purchased both versions and now finds you program will not do what I need it to do. 

All,

I have submitted two feature requests and I'd suggest if you want the same that you let them know as often as you think about it.  

Larry Hieb

Bradley Craig said:

Leslie,

As a very expensive e-learning tool why it is not obvious to Articulate that it should be supported I don't understand.  Common sense is that if individuals want to develop on line content they may need certificates of completion unique to their company.  In the previous version we were able to make it happen simple enough whether or not it was supported, and now I find nothing on how to do that except links from Articulate staff directing me to videos that show how to make it work in 2009.  

Why are you all not aggressively working to meet this basic and obvious need for many of your clients?  What are you doing about it?

Leslie, can you explain to me why this is not a feature Articulate thinks is important and/or willing to support?  I really would like an answer as a customer who has purchased both versions and now finds you program will not do what I need it to do. 

All,

I have submitted two feature requests and I'd suggest if you want the same that you let them know as often as you think about it.  

Bradley Craig

All,

Here is my request.

Feature Request Number: 00381721
Request Details:
Please develop the option to create personalized certificates of completion, or to allow the previous wrap around to make this work as it did in 09.  

PRODUCT: Articulate Presenter
POWERPOINT VERSION: 2013 32-bit
PLATFORM: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.102 Safari/537.36

Larry Hieb

Larry Hieb said:

Bradley Craig said:

Leslie,

All,

Bradley, I couldn't agree more. There are always features that can come up in any release, but I have been reading posts on this forum for years now and must have personally read over a hundred customers wanting the ability to add a certificate from within the Quiz Maker products. I really thought that this time they would actually listen to their customers on this release (QM 13) since it has been such a requested feature from day one.

Seems to me it was someware around Feb. or March of 2013 when Articulate started looking for some QM users to help with beta testing. I was extemely happy when I heard this and couldn't wait until it was finally released. I think I could have put up with just about anything but couldn't believe it when I heard that this version still didn't have the certificate feature included.

Now I see potential customers and previous customers of QM asking for information on it again, and another round of "I would recommend you submit a 'Feature Request'.  Boy, if there is anything I am tired of hearing from Articulate support on this specific issue is the Feature Request excuse. Hope you can get your money back if that is what you ultimately decide.

Frank McConnell

Larry Hieb said:

Larry Hieb said:

Bradley Craig said:

Leslie,

All,

Bradley, I couldn't agree more. There are always features that can come up in any release, but I have been reading posts on this forum for years now and must have personally read over a hundred customers wanting the ability to add a certificate from within the Quiz Maker products. I really thought that this time they would actually listen to their customers on this release (QM 13) since it has been such a requested feature from day one.

Seems to me it was someware around Feb. or March of 2013 when Articulate started looking for some QM users to help with beta testing. I was extemely happy when I heard this and couldn't wait until it was finally released. I think I could have put up with just about anything but couldn't believe it when I heard that this version still didn't have the certificate feature included.

Now I see potential customers and previous customers of QM asking for information on it again, and another round of "I would recommend you submit a 'Feature Request'.  Boy, if there is anything I am tired of hearing from Articulate support on this specific issue is the Feature Request excuse. Hope you can get your money back if that is what you ultimately decide.

Are you creating your eLearning as stand alone or for an LMS? I found a work around by creating a Training Portal using both Moodle as well as the LearnDash LMS. Both platforms provide you with the ability to create Certificates of Completion. Moodle is free and it works quite well! LearnDash will set you back around $150.00 to $200.00 total, very cost-effective in my opinion. The only other costs you will incur is hosting if you don't have an IT person to load it onto your system.

Bradley Craig

Here is the sad and funny thing, I have my content hosted at $499.00 on articulate.com....So not only do I pay for two versions of the product 09 and 13, but I pay them monthly to host my course.  I don't mean to make it sound like I don't value Articulate, I am not a web designer and not very efficient with technology.  So, they have created a product even I could use.  They are great products. But, it is just so basic that they need to be able to create a tool in Articulate to make varied certificates.  This is just so basic it's disappointing to continue ignoring it.  

Frank, I'm so computer illiterate that I don't even understand much of what you posted, but thanks for the information and tomorrow I'll get online and do a search for your information.  Thanks so much! 

Yep, $200.00 is not bad as a unique certificate is critical to my work, I told my wife early I would pay someone $200.00 to show me how to make the certificate work in Presenter 2013.  

I got a response via e-mail today from Articulate which I don't understand as I've tried (as others have) to make it work.  See below:

Hi Bradley, 

Upon checking, the linked articled and embedded Screenr are for Quizmaker ’09. However, the process is the same in Quizmaker ’13, and it works.

We don’t actually support modifying the report.html file (which is mentioned in the article), and that’s the reason we didn’t provide a linked article or Screenr that uses Quizmaker ’13 as the example. 

Note: The downloadable example that was provided for Quizmaker ’09 may not work in Quizmaker ‘13. 

Regards, 

Rowie Barcelona 

Laura Mead

I too submitted a request to add this feature (ability to create a Certificate of Completion) as this is a  critical component for compliance training.  I feel my request fell on deaf ears as I only received the standard response to reveiving a request.   Kind of sad.  Hope Articulate will keep their great reputation for customer support/service and deliver this featue SOON as it is not just one or two folks asking for it . . . . .   One of the reasons I have NOT upgraded to AP 13. (-:

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laura,

Thanks for sending in the feature request, and those do go directly to our product development team to review for possible inclusion in future updates/versions, although they don't typically reply unless needing more information. Did you look into the option Leslie shared? I know a lot of users implement that method with success. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Roger,

Are the courses also hosted in an LMS? Typically that would be what you'd use to track the users' completion, and the course certificate would be an additional element. Understandably if it's not in an LMS, then a user may relaunch the course multiple times to enter in different names and there is not a way around that in Storyline. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.