changing question type

Aug 15, 2011

Is there a way to change the qeustion type?  I have a few questions that are multiple response, that I really want to be multiple choice.  I know I can just select a single response as the correct one and it will be fine, but is there a way to change from say a true/false to a mutliple choice option?

35 Replies
Trevor Hubert

It shouldn't take Articulate this long to add a feature that is obviously one your customers have been asking about for well over a year now. I too would love the ability to change quizmaker question types and dont have time to fill out your forms on different web pages. If you really cared about what your customers wanted you would turn these comments into feature requests for us.

Staff: This client thread is nothing I would be proud of or laugh (ha ha) about. I suspect its something your competitors might find quite amusing though.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for sharing your insight here. I know it can seem like we're pushing you to fill out a form that goes into a black hole - but having the form filled out allows our team to track and accurately tally the number and type of requests. I can't say for certain how many we receive (I don't have access to those metrics) but we do also share particular threads such as ones like this with our Product development team for some more information and evidence on what users are looking for. They utilize all that information to determine next steps, cost/impact, viability, and so forth as they look towards developing the next update and/or version. 

I would gladly fill out a request for each individual here if I could, but then I wouldn't be able to help in as many threads pointing out other resources, strategies, solutions that are needed by users seeking help. Additionally, based on the security settings used in our forums, I have no way of knowing an individuals email address or contact information and having the feature requests filled out without that doesn't allow for appropriate or consistent tracking of these things. 

If you have ideas on ways in which we could make the feature request process smoother or more in line with your expectations I'm happy to hear them and can share with our web team who has set up that page and the ELH forums. You're welcome to always share here in the forums so that I see it, or use the Feature request form to communicate it to them directly. The latter is not likely to receive a reply based on the volume of requests but please know that it does go to our team and is certainly being seen/heard. 

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist. 

Diane Peters

I am among those who have submitted a change request for this...several years ago. I am less inclined to go somewhere else on the website and fill out forms each time I want to make my wishes known. If you want to make it easier, add a button like the ones in the emails that submit the change request automatically.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laura, 

Although this was requested some time ago, it's not yet a feature in Quizmaker or Storyline. 

Our team evaluates all feature requests that come in and uses the criteria here to help determine priority and where this fits with our roadmap. 

I did want to point out that if you also have access to Storyline (with Articulate 360 you'd have access to the entire suite of authoring tools: Storyline, Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker and Rise), you could look at using the Convert to Freeform to turn existing slides into an interactive question.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.