Drag and Drop

Apr 19, 2017

I created a drag and drop quiz, but all the answers come up as incorrect.  So where am I missing how to assign correct to the correct drag and drop?

12 Replies
Arthur Miller

I do not see the information on my screen as per your description.

Slide view has a rectangle on the left that says Drag Item 01. Then there is the long rectangular oval and then there is another rectangle on the right. I think it is the Axis format. I can move the left rectangle to the right rectangle and it stays there like I want it to based on the option choices.

But when I click submit it tells me it is incorrect selection. In the Form view I went through the selection process of what box on the left is to connect to the box on the right. I could not find anywhere where that I could identify this as being the correct selection, so after many tries, I kept thinking it would automatically assume it was correct since I could not identify it as correct. But it simply isn't so.

Seems as if I am doing OK with getting the information together. Now I just need it to say I selected the correct one.

Thanks.

Arthur Miller

OK, it works

So the way it works is that if there are four drag and drops, all four, whether there is any text in the boxes, must be completed before you submit. Even though I did not assign number 3 and number 4 locations, it assumed that to be the case until programmed otherwise.

Then is I only have, for example, 3 to match, then I would need to delete one of them. And if I have 5, then I would have to add one.

But in all cases, all would have to be completed in order to get a correct.

So if I were taking this as a pretest, I, as the student, could not check each one as I drag and drop??

But I could keep trying until I get them correct, as long as I were to set the number of tries to a greater number than 1. So I could give them 20 tries, even though this would not make sense, but then one could keep trying and trying for 20 times to see if they can get them right. In other words, a lot of guessing.

Art

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.