Finish Button

Jan 03, 2014

I have a course with a quiz attached. When the course is published and up on the LMS, nothing happens when the Finish button is clicked (I have it set to Close Window). I changed the texty lable to say Click Exit, but this isn't an optimal solution (what if the learner fails the quiz?). I could use some help!

8 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Deb,

I uploaded your project to my account, just for testing and for my reference:

http://chendrickson.articulate-online.com/4556517168

I wasn't able to test this with a passing score in the quiz - to be honest it's a little long and I'm not sure what the responses are at the moment.

Can you tell me if this happens when passing and failing?

I do see that the "Finish" button for failing is set to go to the next slide. If you change that to close the window, does the same thing happen? I see an issue that's currently being investigated by our QA team related to that setting. If you could try that out and let me know if it works for you, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Deb McLean

Hi Christine -- Yes, this happens when passing and failing. I changed the setting for the Fail, still not working. I've changed the label to say "Click Exit" but that's not an optimal solution -- if a learner fails the quiz they need to retake it. Although the answers wouldn't be obvious to someone who hasn't taken the training, the quiz is almost ridiculously simple, so I doubt anyone would fail, but still -- the button ought to work, right?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Deb,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I published the project again, but this time I changed it so that both the pass and fail options would close the course. I changed this just to test the course. I tested in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox - Chrome and Firefox didn't respond when clicking on the button, but oddly enough, it did work in Internet Explorer after a confirmation prompt. Could you try that out and let me know if you experience the same results?

Also, I'm not able to publish and test the quiz itself outside of Presenter, since the original file attached is a package. Are you able to try publishing the quiz as a standalone and see if the button is responsive when it's not inserted in Presenter? If you're able to, you're welcome to attach the original .QUIZ file here as well. I'd be happy to take a look. 

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Deb!

That's good news - at least there's some progress. I'm happy to hear it's working outside of the LMS, hopefully once it's reloaded it'll work properly there as well.

Can you let us know which LMS you're using and how it's launching? If it's launching in a new window, etc., it may may a difference.

Thanks and good luck!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Eve,

Did you look into the other testing options as Christine mentioned? This thread is a bit older, but the Exit button or Finish button as detailed here can behave differently depending on the LMS or browser. You could also look at testing it at SCORM Cloud, as that's an industry standard for testing LMS content and you'll also want to confirm you're using a supported browser as detailed here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.