Freeform questions corrupt other Quizmaker files (Quizmaker 360)

Apr 03, 2017

Issue

The inclusion of one "freeform" question (specifically a drag-n-drop) corrupted all of the associated quizmaker files upon publish.

Temp Workaround

Use "Graded" question types until this issue has been resolved.

Is this a known issue? Is there a resolution?

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Robin,

Yikes! That's definitely not what we'd expect to happen. Can you tell me a bit more about how the associated Quizmaker files are corrupted after adding a Freeform Drag and Drop question? What exactly is happening in those corrupted files?

We do have an issue on our radar where a selected answer is not shown on a quiz when it follows another quiz with a Freeform Drag and Drop question--does that seem to match the issue you're seeing?

If not, we'd definitely want to take a look at your Quizmaker file. You can send it directly to our Support Engineers by clicking here, and they'll be in touch with you shortly.

Robin Brandenburg

Hi, Alyssa--

This occurred in a 140 slide course with audio. Throughout the course there are required knowledge checks. The first knowledge check included a freeform drag and drop question. The other knowledge checks were multiple response and multiple choice. Everything looked good when using Articulate>Preview. However, after publishing the course, we discovered that the multiple response checkboxes didn't function (checkboxes don't populate). Because of this, the user can't advance. The message "You must complete the question before submitting." displays. We tried troubleshooting this and eventually discovered that when we removed the freeform question, everything else worked fine. Currently, our team is only using "Graded" question types.

I can't send the Quizmaker file because it's proprietary content. However, I could schedule a time and perhaps demo what's happening to your support engineers.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for those details, Robin. It sounds like the issue you're seeing matches the one I linked in my previous post. I'll be sure to add your experience to the report, and we'll send you an update as soon as we get more information on a fix. You'll be notified immediately since you're now subscribed to this post.

In the mean time, if you want to continue using the freeform drag and drop questions, give Keith's workaround a try, and let me know if that clears things up.

Robin Brandenburg

Alyssa -- Will you please clarify about "Keith's workaround"? Throughout the course there are knowledge checks (instruction>knowledge check>instruction>etc.). Are you suggesting that the described issue is because the first knowledge check is a freeform question and that this issue doesn't occur when the first knowledge check is a graded question?

Ali Goulet

Hey Robin!

Great news - Articulate 360 Update 5 is now available! It includes a number of fixes detailed in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is how it fixed the issue where radio buttons and check boxes on quiz slides wouldn't always show selected states when learners chose their answers.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the “Update” button next to each tool.

Let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.