Help please..

Dec 02, 2013

I have a quiz I need to create.

It's a hotspot style but i need to put to hotspot in one question.

Is that possible?

Thank you.

All the help would be much appreciated

8 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Teejay,

I'm afraid I'm not following. If you could give us a little more information, or maybe an example, we'd be happy to try and help :)

Are you wanting to actually click on a question or text? If so, you could make an image of a question and they could click on a word, etc. But I'm not entirely sure if that's what you're wanting to accomplish.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Teejay,

Certainly - that would work. If you have quiz question where you need to select a specific area of an image, the hotspot question is a great way to go.

Are you using Quizmaker '13? If so, you can set this up in Quizmaker and either add the hotspots in Form View, or in Slide View. Personally, I think it's easier to add them in Slide View, because the image is larger and easier to see. Once you've created the question and inserted the image, click on "Insert" and "Hotspot". 

From Form View, you can select which hotspot is the correct answer for the question:

(Tip: You can click on the image above to see a larger version)

For your second question - are you wanting to have two separate quizzes or are you wanting to split one up?

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Teejay,

You're very welcome!

I'm afraid I no longer have access to the earlier version of Quizmaker, but there is an article on hotspot quizzes here:

Also, here's a blog post that may help:

From what I remember, though, I believe Quizmaker '09 only supports one hotspot per question/image.

You can have as many quizzes in your project as you'd like. However, you won't be able to split a single quiz. For example, you couldn't have a quiz question from a quiz, insert a slide in Presenter and then a second question from the same quiz. You could have a second quiz, though.

I don't think you'll be able to pull multiple results into a final slide from other quizzes, either. However, if you want to ensure that learners pass a quiz before they move on to another, you could certainly do that - maybe that would bypass the need to combine all of the quizzes? Let me know if that would work for you.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.