HotSpots

May 15, 2014

I have an Image on which I want to create 3 hot spots, all of which would return a correct answer, but only if the correct answer is returned for each hot spot.

For example a simple Situation could be there are three people in a Picture and I want to hotspot each Person according to their Name. Is it possible to do this using articulate? It doesn't seem possible in Captivate, but I was wondering if anyone has done something similar using Articulate.

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Paul and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

I'm not sure that I understand what you are wanting to do here. I'm not sure if you are speaking of more of a drag and drop where you are matching names up with people or if you are just 'featuring' them is what you mean by hotspot (which would be more of an Engage Interaction). 

If you would like to provide more details, that would be great.

Paul Raper

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for the welcome; I am enjoying trying out your excellent product, and am looking Forward to attending a Workshop on using it next week.

Ok, I didn't want to use a drag and drop for this exercise. Let's try and change to situation. Assume you have a picture of different computer components or parts. Rather than draging and dropping words, I want to ask students to point at the different elements in the picture.

The question could be, Point at the following:

1. Keyboard

2. Screen

3. Mouse

4. Printer

or:

Point at the:

1. USB port

2. Network connection

3. HDMI port

It should be possible to develop a system that allows this. Presently the only way I can see of doing it is to produce as many slides as questions, and then asking each question on each slide.

Does that make it the idea clearer?

Paul

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.