Hotspots

Jan 31, 2014

I've got a project I did with Studio '09. Since i updated to '13, I've had all kinds of problems with it, but '13 won't let me use the '09 stuff. It forces me to update it. As a result, besides lack of email (you addressed this already) and  blank print results in my '13 project (I posted a separate message on this problem), I've got a problem with my hotspots.

When I publish, the hotspot pages automatically open the popups on the choices instead of letting the learner do it. In the Interaction Properties panel, I have the "interactive--user can advance in any order" clicked and then I  unclicked the "Show previous/next buttons" but that didn't help. I'm at a loss.

7 Replies
Jamie Perez

Hi Leslie,

Sorry for the confusion.  I'm using Engage '13. I've attached the file.

I'm using the hotspots like a quiz. I pose a question and each choice is a hotspot. When the learner clicks on a choice, the popup should occur, revealing corrective feedback. Instead, my published Engage project immediately pops up the first corrective feedback without the learner doing anything.

can you help? And yes, I'm willing to submit the file.

Jamie Perez

I've uploaded the training in the intended environment (see link below). Now the audio isn't working for some reason, nor is the initial flash page but that may be an issue of our creative services' guy linking to the wrong index file. I'm going to work on those because they worked fine before.

My issues are: 

1)  Engage slides 14 and 16  automatically open on option 1. This is the same problem I had when I ran the files locally.

2) I've attached a copy of the print results page. Is there a way to fix this so that it is formatted in a usable fashion?

http://progressive.powerstream.net/008/00153/PDSAforCMs_M1/presentation.html

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.