Installation Error Message "Error 1327.Invalid Drive"

Jul 18, 2011

I have been a user of Articulate Studio for several years and have upgraded my computer to a Windows 7 64-bit OS. I understand that I need to be running the 32-bit version of Office. So I have made sure of that.

When I went to install the Studio exe file a receive an identical error message twice. All the message is error says is "Error1327.Invalid Drive:L" in a small square box with OK as the only option button. So I clicked OK and it continued to install.

The reason it is wanting to the program to work with drive "L" is because "L" is my company's network drive and I believe it wants to have Articulate create its "My Articulate Projects" folder there. And it did. When I was using Articulate Studio on my Windows XP here, it did NOT give me this error message when I installed it. And Articulate did put its  "My Articulate Projects" folder in my L drive on my Wondows XP machine. So I'm not sure why it is creating an error message with the L drive this particular time.

I did search this forum and did not find anything about this type of error. When I did a general internet search, I found some references related to Microsoft Office (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327763) installs giving this kind of error message and it referenced editting the registry. One I do not like editting registry keys especially when the registry key was not for the same piece of software. I cannot launch Articulate Quizmaker or Engage. I was able to open Video Encoder without a problem and registered the product. Presenter did not like me opening it through its program, but did let me register the product key when I opened PowerPoint. So I'm wondering if the 2 identical error messages were only related to Engage and Quizmaker, since I cannot open them at all.

The message I get when I try to open Quizmaker '09 is

Articulate Quizmaker '09 has stopped working:

Below is what it says when I expand View Problem Details:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: quizmaker.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.3.1103.112

Problem Signature 03: 4d6d3322

Problem Signature 04: Articulate

Problem Signature 05: 2.1.1103.112

Problem Signature 06: 4d6d3574

Problem Signature 07: fea

Problem Signature 08: a

Problem Signature 09: System.DllNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The message I get when I try to open Engage '09 is

Articulate Engage '09 has stopped working:

Below is what it says when I expand View Problem Details:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: engage.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.3.1103.112

Problem Signature 03: 4d6d2f60

Problem Signature 04: Articulate

Problem Signature 05: 2.1.1103.112

Problem Signature 06: 4d6d3252

Problem Signature 07: fea

Problem Signature 08: a

Problem Signature 09: System.DllNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any help / insight is greatly appreciated!! I need to be able to use Articulate Studio immediately.

Lauren

3 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi Lauren & welcome to Heroes,

This issue usually occurs because your "shell folders" are setup incorrectly.  You can resolve the issue by following the instructions here:

http://www.luisrocha.net/2009/04/error-1327-invalid-drive-when.html

1. Run regedit.exe

2. Locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Click on File, Export and save this key to your desktop.

4. Change all entries that uses your mapped drive (L: in this case) to the default one (%USERPROFILE%).

5. Now, reinstall the Articulate software

6. After installation completes, restore your User Shell Folders registry info by double clicking on the file saved on step #3.

Lauren Francisco

Thank you so very much that did it!!! I truly appreciate your quick response. Just another reason why I love Articulate products, their company and support community.

Lauren

Brian Batt said:

Hi Lauren & welcome to Heroes,

This issue usually occurs because your "shell folders" are setup incorrectly.  You can resolve the issue by following the instructions here:

http://www.luisrocha.net/2009/04/error-1327-invalid-drive-when.html

1. Run regedit.exe

2. Locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

3. Click on File, Export and save this key to your desktop.

4. Change all entries that uses your mapped drive (L: in this case) to the default one (%USERPROFILE%).

5. Now, reinstall the Articulate software

6. After installation completes, restore your User Shell Folders registry info by double clicking on the file saved on step #3.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.