Invalid Answer Popup

Apr 08, 2011

Is there a way to get rid of this popup?

I have set all my colors to transparent so that the quizmaker blends into the rest of my course but when this message popups... well it looks terrible because it is mostly transparent. 

I either need to keep it from popping up or I need a way to color just that box.... 

I am sure I could whip up some code, but I am under a deadline.

Thanks for you help.

James

9 Replies
Sarah Schenone

Hi James,

It looks like you have your quiz set to "Submit one question at a time." If you can work with "Submit all at once" there is a setting that will "allow user to finish without answering all questions," which will let them bypass a given question without getting that prompt.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Sarah

onEnterFrame (James Kingsley)

These tips are  working great to get rid of the feedback box.. Thanks!

Now I need to get rid of the "Invalid Answer" box, or alter just it's colors. This is the box that pops up if the user hits submit without answering the question. 

Sarah is correct that changing it to "Submit all at once" will stop it but unfortunately that's not an option for this course. 

Jeanette Brooks

Do you need to score the question? If not, you could make it a survey question instead, which lets you permit skipping (and that would prevent the "invalid answer" popup from appearing). A Pick One survey question would look just like a multiple choice question except that it's not scored. It has a "Require" dropdown on the question editor toolbar, where you can choose "User may skip":

The bummer is, you might not want the user to skip the question.  Especially if you're using branching for the question feedback - because then the branching would get messed up ... that is, the user would just proceed in a linear way if they skip the question. If you do need to show feedback, maybe what you could do is use a single blank slide, immediately after the question to show feedback regarding both the correct and incorrect response. That way, even if they do skip the question, they'll see the feedback slide regardless.

onEnterFrame (James Kingsley)

Well it seems I am the most comfortable while in my Mad Scientist Articulate Lab. In the end I solved it with code....

My course already has a custom Flash popup box. I was able to track down the code that triggers the QM alert box and override it. It now pops up my custom alert.

Here is the final product... check out the quiz at 7:15 AM

http://frameentered.com/demos/module2/player.html

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.