Java error with IE and Chrome for all Articulate publishe products

Feb 10, 2014

Hi all,

Is anyone else having major problems with IE and Chrome with Articulate product? I couldn't even upload an attached photo of my error message to this forum from Chrome. Had to use FF to upload. There is some sort of communication error in the package of javascript for Articulate products.

Is there a new update out? Here is the error we keep receiving for our products.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lenae,

It looks like you're trying to access your published files locally, which could cause you to encounter some browser security restrictions. 

Since you also weren't able to upload to the forums, I'd also suggest that you've updated your Flash player for each browser, as I believe Chrome is on Flash version 12 right now. 

Lenae Boykin

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have had experience with this when trying to view the published files locally but only sometimes. We were viewing through our LMS and the course never seems to load, but only for IE and Chrome. It was currently working in FF and Safari. And, when I try and view locally in FF and Safari it also works.

I am trying to discover if this is an update needed from Articulate. Chrome automatically updates flash since it's built into the browser.

Have experience your programs/quizzes not load? Our example and issue at the moment is with quiz stand alone published files in the LMS.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lenae,

I haven't experienced any issues recently with Chrome which is my preferred browser, and we recommend testing in the intended publish environment due to the security issues mentioned and elements of your content may fail. To help us narrow down the issue, I'd suggest also testing the course by loading to SCORM Cloud or even publishing for web and loading to a site like Tempshare to help us determine if it's LMS specific. If you're still experiencing difficulty, can you share the Storyline file and published link with me? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.