Lock quiz until all previous slides are viewed

Mar 25, 2015

I would like to set my course up so that learners cannot access the quiz unless they have viewed all previous slides. The problem now is that a learner can click the quiz in the menu without having viewed any slides and then they can't exit the quiz without completing it. I still want them to be able to progress at whatever pace they like, so locking navigation doesn't really help.

Any ideas would be appreciated! 

Thanks,

-Rory 

13 Replies
Ruth Negus

I had also thought about the possibility of inserting a ONE question Quiz (Are you ready to proceed to the Assessment?) that was "ungraded".  That might also allow the learner to review anything that they want to see if they weren't ready; and to proceed to the Assessment (not on the menu) if they were. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ruth Negus

OK.... another question, Emily....since you are so "Johnny on the spot" and willing to help ! (THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!).  I only see two options for the "display the Quiz on the Menu" setting: 1. Single Item; 2. Multiple items.  There doesn't seem to be an option to NOT DISPLAY THE QUIZ ON THE MENU.   Now what????.....  Do I have other options?

Ruth Negus

@Emily..... what type of question would you insert in order to give learners an option to Return to the Beginning of the CBT to review it OR, proceed to the Assessment?  I can't seem to get the True/False question to not display the "That is incorrect. Pelase try again (Try Again Button)." Thoughts?   Do I have control over where the "Try Again" button goes....NOT back to the Slide Are You Ready? but perhaps to the beginning of the CBT?

Thanks for your time and assistance!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.