Matching Drop-Down Question

Jan 08, 2014

Hello there!  

I would like to know if there is a way to create a Matching Drop-Down question which only lists repeat Matches once from the drop down.

For example, if my question were, "Please match the cities with the country." 

and my choice/match options were:

San Francisco / USA

Dhahran / Saudi Arabia

Tokyo / Japan

Odawara / Japan

Hakone / Japan

San Diego / USA

Would it be possible for the drop down to only list 1 instance of USA, Saudi Arabia and Japan, instead of listing USA, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Japan, Japan, USA as the available options?

I don't want to learner to be aware of how many choices go with each match.

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Richard and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid it's not possible to filter out duplicate responses for this type of question. You could be more specific in some answers, however, and that may help with the selection and also help avoid confusion. 

For example, for "San Francisco" you could have "Northern USA" and for "San Diego" you could have "Southern USA", etc. 

Another option would be to use a different type of quiz question. For example, you could create a freeform drag and drop quiz with multiple answers landing on the same location. 

I made a very quick drag-and-drop example using Quizmaker '13, if you'd like to check it out:

Example for Richard

You could even get a little more creative and use shapes that are similar to the countries, or you could create labels for the states and drop those on the city names. 

I know that's not what you were looking for, but I hope it helps! I'd love to hear some additional suggestions, as well.

Thanks and good luck with the project!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.