One choice Survey wit Articulate Storyline 360

Jun 20, 2020

Hello,

I’m having a problem creating a new survey. I’ve created a own personalitytest and want to make it work in 360. Normally we make a test where the answers can score 1, 2 and 3. At the and of the test we have a resultpage with 0-10 is.... 11-20 is.... and 21-30 is...

This time I want to score one particular answer. For example:

Questions 1 (how do you act)

- Action (answer 1)

- feel (answer 2)

- leave (answer 3)

At the end I want to have a resultpage (if there are 20 questions) with: action scored 12, feel scored 5 and leave scored 2.

If I score every answer 1, I do not accomplish the thing we’ve in mind. We get a result of a 20 score (with 20 questions). Instead of: Action scored 12, Feel scored 5 and Leave scored 2.

Hopefully someone understund. Quit difficult to explain our problem.

Thanks, Eloy

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Eloy,

I am not sure if there is a way to achieve this using Storyline's built-in survey or quiz questions, but what you can do is to set up your own survey format.

In the attached example I hope I have understood what you are after. I have created a simple four question survey where the answer to each question is either Action, Feel or Leave. I have set up three variables, ActionScore, FeelScore and LeaveScore, which are each incremented when the Submit button is clicked, depending on which answer is selected.

At the end of the survey, I have created a basic results slide, which shows how many points were allocated to each of the three possible responses.

In each case, I have allocated 1 point to the selected answer, but by creating your own format, you have the opportunity to adjust the points for each response on a question by question basis if you wish to do so.

I have also added a Reset button on the results slide so that you can test the survey as many times as you wish without having to restart it every time in Preview.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.