Publishing to Word 2007

Jul 30, 2012

When I attempt to publ;ish a Quizmaker file to Word 2007, Quizmaker shuts down whithout doing anything.

Help.....

9 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Tristan - have you tried publishing to a different location on your hard drive with a very short path? Using a long path can cause the Publish To Word feature to hang up. Another common culprit is if you're working on (or publishing to) a network drive. You should edit and publish your content on your local hard drive (typically, your C: drive), and make sure that the destination path of your published output is less than 256 characters.

Simon Perkins

Hmm, this isn't working for me.  I was able to publish to Word fine in v1_0 but haven't managed it at all in v1_1.  All SL files are running locally and have even been moved to My Docs.  Publishing path is also in My Docs.

Is there a connection with content built in v1_0 not complying with Word output in v1_1?  Either way, is there another fix?

Thanks

Simon Perkins

Hey Jeanette!  Unfortunately neither client is happy for their content to be submitted.  I'll try and replicate with another course and submit that instead.  In the meantime, here's the bug report:

---

Description:

A problem caused thisprogram to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem EventName:                       AppHangB1

ApplicationName:                            Storyline.exe

ApplicationVersion:                          1.1.1208.1316

ApplicationTimestamp:                    50297027

HangSignature:                                 cbbb

HangType:                                         6400

OS Version:                                         6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

LocaleID:                                            2057

Additional HangSignature 1:          cbbb35cb13e1853c96c4e6479bbb3a62

Additional HangSignature 2:           e044

Additional HangSignature 3:          e0445a8a0b057ad563053d4ecbb04815

Additional HangSignature 4:           cbbb

Additional HangSignature 5:          cbbb35cb13e1853c96c4e6479bbb3a62

Additional HangSignature 6:           e044

Additional Hang Signature7:          e0445a8a0b057ad563053d4ecbb04815

Jeanette Brooks

Thanks Simon, and now worries about the location of the post. And yes, if you could please submit a support case with the info you shared above, that would allow our team to log the issue in a support ticket and get back with you directly. Also, I wanted to assure you that the support case system is completely confidential; only our support engineers see the files that are uploaded there. Of course it's also totally fine if you can replicate the issue in another file with placeholder content, to submit that file instead. Thanks so much.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.