Question bank

Jul 07, 2015

What I am aiming to do is,

Minimum database of 15 questions be prepared for each training module which must be split into three sections of five possible questions.  The system must be configured to ensure that at least one question from each section is generated with the final two questions coming from any of the three sections.  If “retake” is selected this must generate a new set of questions, not a repeat of the original ones, and must only enable the test to be taken twice, after that this should be referred to Compliance for one-to-one training.

Can someone tell me whether this is possible please , and if so, how ?

18 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nadilah,

There isn't a way to guarantee that new questions will be drawn as a part of the retake, as the drawing of questions is set to be random and therefore it could redraw one or more of the same questions. Have you looked at possibly setting it up as separate courses that a user is assigned if they need to conduct the retake?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nadilah!

So, your original question was about question banks, which are a feature of Storyline 2.

Storyline also has the ability to calculate results of results on Results Slides.

You can also set up feedback and branching as explained here.

I'm not entirely sure of what your end goal is, even after looking at your course, so I hope this documentation is able to assist you.

nadilah hussain

Thank you Leslie,

Sorry I am confusing things now, my end result is that by making 15 questions, the user should only be able to answer 5 and pass the quiz. however if they need to retake then the next 6-15 questions can be answered but not repeating the questions they already took in the first quiz. I hope this makes sense... but what it appears, this isn't possible.

nadilah hussain

Leslie,

I think I have confused the topic and would like to ask for further help please. See attached my training program. The original problem was that I have a set of 15 questions, and 5 of those I need the users to answers and if they need to retry they can then answer further 5 more questions which would be selected randomly? Is this possible.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.