quizmaker

Dec 04, 2013

I recorded voice for my questions but I cannot hear the voice on preview except if I hit the sound button?

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Linda,

Are you using Quizmaker '13? Do you have the audio set to "Mute" by any chance?

Here's a tutorial that shows how to check and adjust the default audio levels for your media:

Using the Sound Tools in Articulate Quizmaker

If that doesn't help, are you able to attach your .QUIZ file here? I'd be happy to take a look at what's happening.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Linda,

I've previewed the quiz in Quizmaker and so far, I've heard the audio for every question. 

Also, here are the details for Quizmaker 09 (sorry about that, I meant to include that earlier):

Sound Tools Quizmaker 09

When exactly is this happening for you? When previewing in Quizmaker, Presenter, after publishing or all of the above?

Here's and uploaded version of the quiz:

Testing for Linda

Let me know if you're unable to hear the sound in that version. 

One thing I did notice is that the file name for this project is extremely low. If you're previewing in Quizmaker, and the link I send you functions properly, please try to make sure you're running the project from your local hard drive. You may also want to try renaming the file.

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Let me know how it goes! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.