Results page

Mar 22, 2017

Our LMS only displays if a user passes or fails a quiz. We have a group, however, who needs to know which questions were answered incorrectly.

Is there a way to use variables and triggers to display the incorrect (or all) answers selected on the results page? I am hoping to get the answers to post on the results page and print.

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Sasha!

You actually don't need variables and triggers for this! There is an option on the Quizmaker results slide to Allow user to print results. This option adds a Print Results button to your result slide that lets learners print a copy of their results. To include the learner's name in the printed results, mark the box to Prompt the user for their name before printing. And to include question/answer details in the printed results, mark the box to Allow user to review quiz. If you don't let learners review the quiz, printed results will only display pass/fail information. 

Give it a try, and let me know if that'll work for you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Sasha, great questions! By default, the print results page shows both correct/incorrect answers. You might be able to edit the report.html file and remove the correct answers from the report, but keep in mind that this method isn't supported. 

If you want your learners to have only one attempt, you can remove the "Retry Quiz" option from the results slide. That way, after one quiz attempt, their only options will be to review the quiz and print the results page. They will not be able to go back and take a quiz again.

Sasha Rubeis

Hi Alyssa,

I've tried that but in our LMS...the learner is still able to Launch the exam all over again.  Ive set the parameters so that the user can't launch again but it's still allowing them.  My solution was to edit the review button so they cant even see it exists and then they can review the exam in print results screen.  I made sure to select user to always resume because I dont want the user to have access to re-do the exam.  So if they try to access the exam it prompts them to the results page only.  But the problem is...If they select the print results then the user still has access to the entire exam.  So I was hoping to only allow the user to have access to the missed questions only.  Or only allow the print results page to be viewable once.

Alyssa Gomez

Since you're working with Cornerstone, have you seen this thread which is a virtual meet-up of CSOD users? Maybe you can head over to that thread and contact a few folks directly for advice!

And yes, you certainly can change the text in that prompt. Click Player > Text Labels, and scroll down until you find the label you want to change. I hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.