Retry

Mar 13, 2021

Hi all,

I am missing the opportunity to, when a participant fail a quiz, be sent back to a predefined slide to read through the text again and then be able to, when getting back to the quiz, to retake the quiz. It should also be possible to set the number of times to be sent back and allowed to take the quiz again. After x number of retries the finish button should allow them continue onto the next section.

Will this be a possibility in the future?

BR,

Jørn

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jørn,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your questions for your content in Quizmaker 360.

You can certainly allow the participants to retake the quiz and set the number of attempts:

Editing the Quiz Result Slide

If you need additional flexibility and customization, you can jump back to a specific slide based on conditions as well as control the number of retries by using Storyline 360 too:

Jørn Olsen

Hi,
Thank you for your response.

Yes, but that is not the issue. I want the participant to, when he/she
fails(having a lower score on the quiz, not by single question, than I have
set to be acceptable), to be sent back to a predefined slide, read
through the material again and THEN retake the quiz. This is to my
understanding not possible

Have a healthy and nice day.

BR;

*Jørn Olsen*
Renewables, Offshore cranes, Davit & Winches
Global Services Division

*TTS Marine AS*
Mustadbakken 3 Knarrevik 5355 NOR
Mobile
jorn.olsen@macgregor.com
macgregor.com

*Follow us on:*
Facebook | LinkedIn
| Twitter
| YouTube
| YouKu

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jørn.

Thank you for the additional details! 

It is possible to branch to a specific slide if the user fails the quiz and then back to a re-attempt. My preferred method is by using lightboxes. Here's how to accomplish this:

• On your results quiz, Failure layer, add a button: let's call it "Review Content". 
  • Add a trigger to Lightbox the slide that has the content the user needs to review. 
  • You can also add another button to go back to the quiz (hide the Failure layer). 

If you want to, instead of the lightbox, go back to a specific slide:

• Add a button called "Return to quiz" to your content slide. 
  • Make the button's initial state hidden.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-03-23 at 9.39.37 AM

• Create a True/False variable (we'll call it Fail) with a False value.
  • Add a trigger to your button that makes it visible (Normal state) if Fail equals True.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-03-23 at 9.49.11 AM

• On your Results page, Failure layer, add a trigger that changes the variable Fail to True.

This should create a loop with buttons that will only appear once the user fails the quiz. 

Let me know if this works or if you have additional questions!