Score of 100% passing through to SABA v5512 regardless of result

Dec 22, 2013

I have created a Presenter package including a Quizmker quiz. The quiz has a mastery score of 100% and I have verfiied that the correct tracking is set and the quiz properties are also set correctly, but regardless of the score I get in the quiz, a pass score of 100% is being passed through to SABA. This is my first package created with Articulate 2013.

Does anyone have any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie
Hi Jo and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!
Would you mind testing your course in SCORM Cloud to help us determine if the issue is Articulate related or if it's on your LMS's side? If it appears in SCORM Cloud as well, we'd be happy to take a look at your .quiz file to see what might be going on. If you can't replicate the issue in SCORM Cloud, it's probably an issue that you'd want to take to your LMS team. If you cannot share your file here in the forums, please share it here privately.
Greg Johnson

Hi Leslie,

I work with Jo and would like to follow up on this issue.  I have created a second piece of content in Articulate Studio 2013 which is having the same problem. 

The passing score in my content is set to 100%, but when the content talks to our LMS (Saba 5.5) it is telling the back end tables in the LMS two different stories.  According to our LMS tech support, one table in the LMS is being told the score and Pass/Fail that the learner actually achieved, but the other table is being told they passed with 100%, irrespective of whether they did or not.  The result is one like I have attached.

I have tested it with Scorm Cloud and have not been able to replicate the problem as yet, but that is consistent with the problem, it happens to some learners but not all.

Effectively, it means we are holding off creating new content in Articulate Studio 2013 until we can get to the bottom of this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

What can I provide you to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks,
Greg

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Greg and welcome to E-Learning Heroes as well

So, the results that you are seeing when testing in SCORM Cloud are consistent with what you would expect to happen?

Are there any common ties for the users that are having this issue?

I mentioned sharing the files above, is that something that you would consider for us to look into? If you are not able to replicate the issue though, I fear that it may be something on your LMS side.

Greg Johnson

Hi Leslie,

I also logged a support ticket and one of your support agents has been helping out on this case.  It looks like this is related to a known issue with Articulate Studio 2013, which I have posted below.

Are you aware of when a fix may be available for this problem?

Thanks!

LMS Course Is Marked Passed or Completed on Second Attempt Even if Learner Fails

You may find that your learning management system (LMS) incorrectly marks a course as Passed or Completed on a learner's second attempt when the following conditions are true:

• The course is being tracked by an embedded quiz.
  • The learner attempts the course more than once and fails on each attempt.

This is a known issue. It'll be fixed in the next software update for Articulate Presenter. Enable the Check for updates at startup feature to be notified when the new update is available.

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter-13/lms-course-is-marked-passed-or-completed-on-second-attempt-even-if-learner-fails

Chris Perez

We also use Saba 5.5, and while I haven't seen this issue, we use a workaround in Saba that has eliminated some issues with the way scoring is being tracked from Articulate courses.

I've previously posted this solution in other threads, so feel free to try it and see if it resolves the problem:

In the offering, go to the Policies tab.

Under Completion Policy, select the radio button titled "Override delivery mode...".

Then, under that section, select the radio button titled "Offering is marked complete automatically when all learning assignments are marked complete OR if there are no more content attempts available."

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.