Setting Defaults

Aug 01, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to set the Pass Result and Fail Result to a default that I use for all my quizzes?  These values don't seem to be included in the template that I use, and I'm having to update them every time.

Thanks,

Dan

3 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Dan, what you can do is set up a quiz template. This allows you to save & reuse everything about a quiz, including the quiz properties, pass/fail result slides, etc. Click the Articulate button in the upper-left corner and select Save As... and then in the Save as type field, choose Quizmaker Template.

When you're ready to build a new quiz, launch Quizmaker & on the launch screen you'll see the template listed under the section called "New from quiz template." Or you can click the Browse option at the bottom of the list of quiztemplates & find it. When you open a new file based on a template, it'll contain all the content and attributes of your original quiztemplate file, and then you can save & customize from there. You can check out this tutorial for more info if you want.

Dan Handalian

Thanks, Jeanette, that's very helpful!

2 follow-up questions:

1) I've been launching Quizmaker directly from PowerPoint in the, oh, 2 weeks that I've been using your software. It looks like I can't open a quiz template launching it this way.  Do I need to launch Quizmaker as a separate app if I want to start from a template?

2) I'm not seeing similar functionality in Engage for interactions. Am I missing it, or does it not exist?

Dan

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.