Unhandled Exception

Mar 15, 2013

Help....I'm working on a large quizmaker file and I keep getting this error message: Unhandled exception....

Please see attached screen shot for complete message.

I dont know what I will do if I have to create a new Quiz....

In the event that I have to reinstall Quizmaker (which is what I think I may have to do), how will I handle the serial number etc..

Many thanks,

Karyn

2 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Karyn, and sorry for the trouble.

Like you mentioned, I'd recommend running a quick repair install of Quizmaker to see if that resolves the issue. You won't need to worry about re-activating or entering serial numbers. 

You'll also want to be sure you're working from your local drive. 

!. Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 

2. You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).

3.  Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Let us know if it helps

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Karyn,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this! Hopefully we'll be able to get this resolved for you, so you won't end up having to recreate the quiz.

First, is this only happening with the one quiz, or any quiz you try to open? Try to make sure that your quiz files are on your local hard drive before opening them. 

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you are working locally and this issue is only happening for a specific file, the file may be corrupted. If that's the case, we'll want to take a look at it to confirm this. 

If this happens with any quiz, it may be a problem with the installation. Please follow the steps outlined in the following support article:

Articulate Support > Unexpected behavior in Studio '09

If the problem continues, or if you would like to submit your files for testing, please submit a support case with us. You'll be able to attach the .QUIZ file on the second page of the following form:

Articulate Support - Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue. Please also include the URL for this thread in the form. Also, please share the case number with me. You're welcome to do so here, or in a private message. This way I can follow the progress of the case and update this thread.

Thanks!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.