User scores 100% no matter what

Jun 02, 2014

When we submit results to the LMS, there is a column for score, even if we don't have and scored questions. However, it automatically fills that with a 0%. Is there a way to submit results as 100% no matter what?

We can't use page views as the tracking device, as the user has a back button in the activity, so they might go to all the pages, and the LMS will register them as done.

Thanks for the help.

2 Replies
Bobbi Bailey

If you want the course to return a score to the LMS, you will need to have a graded question and a results slide.  Then in your publish settings for 'reporting and tracking" set the report status to Passed/Failed.  This will return the score to the LMS.

If your course doesn't have an actual quiz to grade, you may want to consider creating one and including a question something to the effect of "I have reviewed and completed this training course".  You could use a T/F question for this, giving the true response a value of 100.  That way, when the user completes the course and selects "true" as their answer to the question, the score will be generated and passed back to the LMS.

One last thought... if doing the above (using a "placeholder" question), you will probably want to delete the feedback (passed / failed) layers. I have attached a template for you, if you want to give it a try.  You will need to publish it, zip it, and upload to your LMS to test it.  (I use Cornerstone OnDemand as my LMS, and this file works as expected within it).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.