Closed Captioning and Replay 360

Jan 04, 2019

Working for a state, public agency, all of our training is required to be ADA compliant. Is there a priority with Articulate to update 360 for all tools in the suite to be ADA compliant? It would be nice to at least have a CC option in Replay. It has the best, and easiest, format for screen recording and mixing it with audio, but without the CC option, we can't use it. Any news as to when this will be available?

12 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Kanani and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for popping in to share what you are working with and would like to see. I've shared your thoughts with our product development team.

I know that accessibility is high on the priority list. In the meantime, I invite you to check out some of the documentation we have here.

You could create what you need in Replay and import that mp4 into Storyline.

Sarah Bezanson

Echoing this feature request. I'm coming up to my first year renewal and the biggest complaint in my whole organization with the Articulate suite is how limited it is for accessibility options. There should not be need to fiddle in Storyline every time there is an accessibility requirement. All the tools should be accessible at this point. Captioning is a no brainer that should be a click of a button at this point. I very much hope this is addressed soon. These updates are long overdue!

Katie Riggio

Hi, Kanani!

Thanks for checking in, and for all your valuable feedback. The need to add Closed Captions directly in Replay is heard, and we'll take all of this insight into consideration as we plan for future enhancements.

This feature is not on our immediate roadmap. However, if we add this in a future update, this discussion will be the first to know!

In the meantime, could you share more detail on the workaround(s) you're currently using? We'd love to help keep your development running smoothly!

Alex Arathoon

Have requested a CC option. Feel free to do likewise. The more noise people make the more likely it will happen: https://articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request

Also requested the option to annotate videos with text/graphics/images where I like, like Camtasia. The ability to highlight screens and add/remove the cursor as needed is a big drawcard to the market leader.

Lauren Connelly

Hi!

Thank you for bringing up closed captioning options in Replay 360!

We don't have this feature on our immediate roadmap for Replay 360. However, we do have workarounds such as adding text to the Lower Thirds Title!

We are continuing to track customer feedback and requests, so we appreciate everyone taking the time to share!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.