Published video only giving audio

Aug 09, 2018

Hi, 

I noticed some old threads from several years ago about the the published files only playing the audio and not video but didn't find the solution.

I have got the same issue with Replay 360 v2.17.16168.0 both in publishing to Articulate 360 and also as mp4. I've tried Chrome and IE for Articulate 360 and Windows Media Player for mp4. All 3 give the audio with no video.

I've also tried troubleshooting steps of checking drivers of machine which is W10.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Dan

6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Dan. So sorry you're running into a problem with playing the video when publishing–I'm happy to help you figure this out! 

I opened an .mp4 file in the same version of Replay 360 and published it to Review–here's the Review URL. I'm having trouble recreating the same experience on the latest version of IE and Chrome, so I still need your help:

I'll be standing by!

Dan Glass

Hi Katie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

1 I have tried a couple of videos and have the same problem.

2 I was able to see and hear the guy in the canoe that you shared.
Here is the link to mine, just curious if you have the same problem as me.
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/960afe60-946f-4c89-9ecc-220230ada0b2/review

3 I hae attached one of the smaller ones that doesn't work. The other one is 200MB and 5 mins long!!!

Thanks for your help.

Dan

Katie Riggio

Really appreciate the extra detail, Dan!

I tested your Review URL on every browser and saw a black screen with audio only–just as you described. Get ready for the next strange thing ..I uploaded your .replay file and published it to Review and as a Video File. Here's the Review link, the .mp4 file is attached, and a Peek of what I saw (the audio didn't come through in my recording, but scout's honor it's there).

Out of curiosity, do you experience this with non-screen recordings as well? 

I don't see anything in the file that would cause the video to show a black screen, so I'd like to get more eyes on this. I've submitted your file to our Support Engineers for a deep-dive–keep an eye out for an email from the team, and I'll also follow along!

Dan Glass

Hi Katie,

How weird! The review link worked and mp4 too. It was kinda startling seeing it work when uploaded by you! Lol!

I got an email from support team and shared the results of my hardware acceleration checks (which look good), i switched Articulate diagnostics logging on and shared them too and reinstalled Replay but sadly with same issue . So hopefully they can pick up on something. 

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Glass

Hi Katie,

I got to the bottom of it! :-)

I had a Storyline update waiting for me to install it. I purposely left it until i complete certain parts of my eLearning project. I then needed Replay so installed it, Storyline update was still waiting to be installed. So tonight I decided to install Storyline update and see if it would make a difference (i was all out of ideas) and hey presto Replay started exporting correctly to Review and mp4 :-)

Thanks for your help troubleshooting.

Dan

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.