Publishing Replay 360 to video - ridiculously slow

Jul 18, 2020

Trying to publish replay 360 to video is ridiculously slow - like 7 hrs to publish a 1 hour video.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Tried all the fixes listed on the Articulate Support site. Windows 10 PC. 

Please let me know if you've experienced this issue and if you were able to fix it. I have quite a few videos to work on - this is severely impacting my work productivity. Thanks!

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that publishing to Video has slowed down.

I'm sharing my teammate Christopher's reply publicly so we can share insight with others who land on this discussion!

Several factors could affect how long it will take to publish a video:

1. The length of the recording is the number one factor. There is a difference between publishing a 1-minute video versus a 1-hour long video. If you are finding that publishing a 1-minute video is taking quite a while, consider checking the other factors below. It is not uncommon, though, for an hour or longer video to take a long time to publish. Depending on the computer that you have, it may take a few hours or so.

2. Make sure you are working and saving files locally. Do not work on a network or external drive, as issues are more likely to surface from of latency. If you are working locally, please ensure that the folder you are saving your project is not synced with cloud applications like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.

3. Check your Video Hardware Acceleration. Replay 360 requires DirectX 9.0c 3D video hardware acceleration. Most modern computers include it, but it may be disabled. Here's how to enable it

4. Check that you are meeting the minimum system requirements for Replay 360

If you are still experiencing slow publishing times (even for small recordings), consider repairing the software. Here are the steps

Let us know if you have any more questions. We're happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.