Replay 360 Not Downloading Audio

Jul 12, 2022

I have an MP4 video file on my computer and when played directly from my computer, plays just fine.  When I load the file to Replay the video comes over and it shows "audio loading" after some time it stops and I get the video but not the audio.

5 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Robert.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm happy to help you troubleshoot this issue!

Is this only happening with a specific video, or is the audio missing from every file you try to open with Replay 360? 

If this is only happening with a specific video/project, can you share it through a support case so we can investigate?

Another option is to re-encode the video using a third-party tool, HandBrake, to see if the issue could be related to the original mp4 file.

Let me know if this works!

Erin Derryberry

I am having the same problem! Yesterday and today I get the same result. I can hear the Audio on the source MP4 file, but when I load it to Replay it shows Audio Loading for a very long time and when it stops, there is not audio.  I have also attempted to upload other MP4s and I am having the same result - so it is not isolated to a single Mp4 file. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Erin, 

Since all videos are affected, try adding Articulate's endpoints to your network's allowlist to see if this helps address the issue. You may need help. from your network admin to complete this step: 

If the issue persists, reach out to our support team by opening a case here and we'll take a closer look at what's going on.