Articulate Review stopped playing Articulate 360 project with Engage interactions

Dec 08, 2016

This was working great for 2 weeks.  Now the Engage 360 Interactions will not play in Review.  I tested it in my own site and it works.  So it is not the browser or the product.

Help.

32 Replies
Brenda Stutsky

I just took an old Storyline II project with embedded Engage interactions, and the Engage interactions just show up as a blank screen in Review. In addition, when clicking on the "Edit in Engage" option in Storyline 360 nothing happens and then when double clicking on the embedded Engage slide - an error says that the page cannot be displayed.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Tess,

In the other forum discussion you were able to upload it to your own website correct? And it's still just stuck on Articulate Review? The issue I previously shared in that the Engage Interaction won't play within Review when embedded into a Storyline project is something still with our team.

Hi Brenda,

If your file also won't play within your web server, can I get you to share a copy of the .story file with us? That includes the embedded Engage interaction? You can upload it to our Support Engineers here. 

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for sharing the file and I see your case (# 00972454 for my reference). I'll follow along as well. Also, just to clarify - the issue that was fixed in the latest update was that users were unable to click on the "Edit in Engage" button while viewing a Storyline 360 course with an embedded Engage. That was a part of today's Articulate 360 Update. 

The issue with Review not playing an embedded Engage interaction is something our team is still investigating, so having a copy of your file will assist with that testing. In the meantime, if you need to share a copy of the course with an SME for example, I'd look at uploading it to Tempshare.

Melissa Korzun

I'm having the same issue, however, with some twists.

I'm not qualified to say you're not bonkers.... ;-) But at least this situation isn't something you imagined. We'll keep you posted here - and in the meantime have a great holiday!

Also, just an FYI that responding via email includes your signature here so you may want to look at editing the post if you'd prefer to remove that information. 

Hi all,

I wanted to provide an update here, as Articulate 360 Update 3 was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here. The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed an issue where there were some inconsistencies and odd behavior with embedded Engage interactions. When you open the 360 Desktop application you’ll be prompted to  download the latest update and after downloading and installing the latest update you’ll want to republish any existing content to ensure that the updates and fixes are applied.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Curt Zilbersher

Sadly, this did not work for me.  I'm running v3.3.9986.0 (the latest version), and I have an embedded Engage interaction (created with the most updated version available in Articulate 360), and in Articulate Review, the Engage interaction just displays a spinning icon while interactions are unavailable.  Disappointed to see that this bug is not fixed since it seems like an old one.  Strange thing is, the interaction was working 2 weeks ago.  I suspect that the Articulate Review code was changed and this resulted in Engage no longer being a robust component of Articulate 360.  My client needs this interaction to work...now!  Looks like I'll have to rebuild it natively in Storyline (which is probably what I should've done from the beginning.)  My gut feeling tells me that Studio and its components are "old school" but Articulate brought them forward into 360 because, well, they are part of the original product portfolio. Wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually discontinued.

Hi Curt, 

I'm sorry this is still an issue you're seeing - can we get a copy of your .story file with the Engage interaction in it? Also a link to your Review course? Then our team can take a look at what's happening in this file set up. The fastest way to get those into our hands are start a support case here and upload the files. The code changes made to Articulate Review in the last couple weeks were for exporting comments and changing the notifications and the fix for the previous issue in Engage was actually a fix in Storyline. 

Hi Curt,

I'm really sorry we've let you down on this one. We've recently changed the process we use in house to communicate with our QA team and how different issues are closed out when included in a update - like this one should have been. Because of that, your latest report of the issue with Engage/Storyline and Review fell through the cracks a bit - but we're back on track and Lea is double checking the files you shared to confirm if it is the same issue as before or something new so that we can continue to work to solve it. 

Please let me know what else I can do to assist at this point, and you'll hear from Lea soon with additional information. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.