Problems using Articulate 360 review with Internet Explorer 11

Jan 15, 2018

I am having problems using Articulate Review in IE11 - both on my laptop (whereby I have to copy the link to another browser), and now some of my clients are also having problems when using IE 11.  The link just displays a blank screen.    I can, and have, published to a SCORM Cloud LMS and it works fine,  but that is no use for Review purposes - and one of the main reasons for purchasing Articulate 360 !!   H E L P !

19 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Anjali and Monica,

IE11 is a supported browser to view Review in, so I'm sorry to hear that's not working for you! 

You mentioned it worked before, do you know if you've had any recent updates to IE? Or can you remember if it stopped working after a recent 360 update? My initial thought is that a setting changed in the IE11 browser (especially if it's being blocked or asking for a certificate) - so I'd start by working through allowlist and allowing all the ports and endpoints here. 

If you're still running into issues after that, any links to your Review courses you could share or even a  Peek of the problem would help us continue troubleshooting! You can include the "Share" link here in your reply.

Monica Keith

Hi, tks Ashley, but it's not just me, it's intermittent for me, but also for our clients. We shouldn't have to have them go through  various settings for it to work.  Right now, we're having to say to review in Chrome as that seems more consisten than IE.   It's not just blank screen, I have one animtion which works find in preview, works fine in Chrome and Firefox but animation doesn't work every time in IE !  

Sarah  Newsom

I am also having an issue similar to this.  I upload videos in Review and then export them as SCORM.  My Regional Managers are only allowed to use IE 11 on Windows 10 and when they are not on our corporate network, they get an error that says "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

I sent to Taleo Learn, they told me it wasn't them.  I sent to my IT dept, they are saying it may be the way I loaded the course to the FTP site.  I load all courses the same way by dragging and dropping the file into the FTP Site, so I am not sure how all the others play fine if they were all loaded in the exact same way.  

Thoughts?

Hi Sarah,

I know I responded to your other post over here, so I  thought I'd share an example with you here of a video I exported for SCORM and uploaded to SCORM Cloud.

I tested the playback of this one in Chrome ver 67 and IE11. Both of those worked well for me, can you give this link a test? 

If that one works for you, it's a good indication to follow back up with your LMS admin. If you see the same error message using that course, then I'd reach out to your IT team again.

Steve Quann

Hi Ashley,

While you are talking about Articulate Review and IE, some of our clients and now when I try that would include me, cannot create an account in IE/Edge because the pop up box for sign in goes below the page and there is not an easy way to scroll down to see the submit button.  Any ideas on that? I, at least, have the most recent and updated browser. Thanks!

Hi Steve,

We had some issues with the Review page not working correctly in IE11 and those were fixed up today actually! Can you take a look and let me know if you're still seeing some unusual behavior? 

In that scenario,  Firefox, Chrome, and Edge were all working normally. If you're still stuck, could you share a screenshot of what you're seeing and the exact version number of your browser so that I can try replicating? 

Hi Steve,

My team saw the same thing so they're taking a look now. They also noted that if they resized the IE/Edge window narrower they were able to scroll to the bottom section. It seems to be an issue with the overall width and how it's read by that box.

We'll keep you posted, and in the meantime I hope that your folks can use Chrome or tab between fields! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.