2004 SCORM showing "failed" 1.2 not book marking

May 18, 2017

Hello all

I have been fighting this for 3 days.  This is the same course....so I am not sure what is going on.  I tried to save in a different SCORM version...but both have their issues. 

Issue 1: (2004) Even though I have published the course to "complete/incomplete", if I do NOT complete the entire course in one sitting, it makes my status "failed" on the LMS...with a % complete. 

Issue 2: (1.2) Even when I tell it to, it won't bookmark where I left off...it keep bookmarking to a particular slide. 

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jodi, 

Sorry you've been struggling with this, and I'm glad you reached out. Let's tackle these issues one at a time.

Issue 1:

To nail down whether this is a file issue or a LMS issue, test the zipped output in SCORM Cloud. It's industry standard for LMS testing, and it's free! Let me know if you see incorrect reporting status in SCORM Cloud, and we'll take a closer look at your file.

Issue 2:

It sounds like you've exceeded the SCORM suspend data limit. The suspend_data element for a Storyline SCORM course tells the LMS where you leave off when you exit the course and lets you resume the course later in the same place without having to start over. If you notice that the course consistently resumes on a particular slide, try these solutions. 

Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.