360 - Audio not playing in preview mode

Jan 04, 2019

When I try to view projects in Preview Mode, I can't hear any sound. The Volume Mixer shows an audio signal coming from Storyline 360 and the speakers, but I can't hear a thing.

I can hear sound when I view slides in the Timeline, when I play audio in the Audio Editor, when I export the audio files and play them through VLC/Windows Media Player, when I publish the project and run the EXE and the HTML files in all browsers, when I upload the project as a SCORM file to our LMS and run it in all browsers, and when I export the course as a video.

I've tried checking my audio settings in Storyline (which only show my speakers as an option for output), restarting Articulate, re-inserting the audio file, updating my Flash Player, updating Articulate, restarting my computer, and restarting my computer's Audio Service with some administrative command prompt jiggery-pokery. Nothing has worked.

Again: The audio shows that it's coming from Storyline 360 and going to the speakers in Preview Mode, but I can't hear any sound.

Short of completely re-installing Articulate or doing anything more drastic, what are my options?

2 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.