360 course with chapter assessments won't Preview or function in 360 Review & ScormCloud

Mar 31, 2022

Version 1 (functional): I created a course with 4 lessons, each with an assessment at the end and a Results slide. The last slide includes a Results slide that combines the results of all 4 assessments to give the learner their comprehensive passing grade.

On the Fail result, learners have the option to retake the CBT and answer the questions. Learners could skip slides at this point, reviewing only what they need and then answer each assessment. This course functioned in  the 360 Review Tool, ScormCloud, and our LMS. 

New CBT version: I attempted to improve the Fail experience by directing learners only to the Lessons they failed, and maintain their other passing grades. To achieve this the following triggers are set up (images attached):

-Fail Results slide has a Review & Retake button which resets the results for failed assessments, and a trigger to jump to the first lesson slide 4.1

-Slide 4.1 has a trigger to jump to the start of the next lesson, if Lesson 1 was passed. Otherwise, the learner takes this lesson. This trigger is set up at the start of all four lessons. 

-Lesson results slides have standard Pass/Fail layers and a trigger that indicates a T/F variable for Pass/Fail. 

When I was complete this programming, I went to Preview the Entire Project and it won't load. I get 3 dots on a black screen (processing) but it doesn't advance beyond that. I can preview the individual scenes, but not the course. 

I get the same outcome in the 360 Review Tool and ScormCloud. I've never seen this before and can't think of what in my triggers/variables would cause this response. Any ideas? 

1 Reply