360 Crashes when I'm trying to edit states

Nov 10, 2016

I've converted a workshop from Storyline 2 to the 360 version and am trying to add hover states to some lines of text on a slide. I can usually get through one or two of the text groups, but inevitably the app crashes before I can add all of the hover states. Anyone else having this problem?

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Laura! Sorry you're running into these issues. First make sure your project files are located on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency.

If you're working locally and it's still crashing, I would recommend doing a repair on Storyline 360. Here's how. 

Janet Place

I am in the same boat. Since the recent 360 upgrade, Storyline crashes whenever I tried to add a trigger or edit a state. This started immediately after I upgraded. I have tried reinstalling, but that did not work. I have sent in a tech support request, but have not heard back. I am unable to work. I am working on Windows 7. Would that make a difference? Should I upgrade?

Frances Jones

Unfortunately, it has not resolved my issue.  Still getting lots of freezing.  I am using quite a few of the templates for Velocity, and I think they might be causing the issue, just a feeling I have, rather than having any concrete evidence.  I was having a lot of trouble with the master slides and they don't seem to work quite right.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled 360 but it is still freezing quite a bit.  I am just doing manual "save" very regularly to ensure I dont lose too much.    

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news! Articulate 360 Update 4  was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here.  The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed an issue where an error would occur when using drop-down lists in Storyline 360 on a Windows 7 computer with a Windows Classic theme.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Nicholas Russell

It's a continuing problem.

I am getting appalling lag working in states and frequent freezing and crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled for the umpteenth time and no improvement.

Of course I have reported this issue several times over the last year(s), followed all the standard advice and am using a top of the range Dell desktop with Windows 10.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Nicholas.  I'm sorry you're continuing to have laggy performance.  I'm sure that's a frustrating experience as a user.

I see you had a case recently with Gerald, and perhaps we didn't dig in as deeply as we could.  I can escalate your case so that we can make our best effort to improve performance for you and others who are still experiencing issues.

In your case, you touched on whether Storyline should be a 64 bit application.  Storyline 360 is a 32-bit application, and it's Large-Address Aware.  That means that it can access up to 4 GB RAM rather than the default limit of 2 GB for a 32-bit process.  SL360 also takes advantage of multiple cores.  So, that's where we are at the moment.

Thanks for reaching out again, and be on the lookout for an email from our support team if you'd like to continue working with us!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.