360 image slides functionality questions

Jan 25, 2022

Hi,

Some questions I need clarification on please regarding 360 slides.

Is it possible to hide markers when a slide starts?

Anyway to use custom icons for markers or are we stuck for the moment with the limited built options?

If I create a hotpsot and uncheck Show Hotspot in the Interaction tab, the hotspot still shows when you click on it. Any way to have a hotspot that stays invisible. Again, no formatting options for Hotspots.

Is there anyway to trigger a marker from the main slide page using triggers? I thought it would be possible to get access to the markers in the 360 slide through the triggers menu? We should have more control over the markers and hotspots, to show and hide them when required for example. To use the 360 slides in a treasure hunt style learning, I would need to be able to hide a marker or hotspot in one slide and from another slide, have a trigger to show it so the user can continue when they get to that slide.

Is it possible to insert a video into a 360 slide so that a video can be placed in a monitor or on a wall of the panorama. I would need to be able to do this and when the users rotates, the video starts playing when it comes int0 view or on a trigger by the user.

It would be useful to be able to show and hide markers when they interact with a specific area of the screen as the user rotates. anyone able to achieve this?

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Darren.

Thank you for reaching out with your questions about 360° images!

I'll try to answer all of them below:

Is it possible to hide markers when a slide starts?

While you can't hide specific markers, you can select guided navigation, which will allow you to show one specific marker at a time:

Anyway to use custom icons for markers or are we stuck for the moment with the limited built options?

You can use any of the icons available at the Content Library 360 for your markers:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-01-27 at 3.13.53 PM

If I create a hotspot and uncheck Show Hotspot in the Interaction tab, the hotspot still shows when you click on it. Any way to have a hotspot that stays invisible. 

Unchecking Reveal Hotspots only affects unvisited hotspots. Once it's visited, the hotspot will become darker. You can read more information about it here.

Is there anyway to trigger a marker from the main slide page using triggers?

When you say "from the main slide", do you mean you'd like to trigger an object in the 360° editor from Slide View? If so, that is not currently a feature of Storyline. As a workaround, you could add another slide with the same 360° image, but with different markers and objects showing. From Slide View, you could add a trigger to jump to that second image instead. It's a similar idea to this one here

Is it possible to insert a video into a 360 slide so that a video can be placed in a monitor or on a wall of the panorama.

Inserting a video that will move with a 360° image is not currently a feature. 

You're welcome to submit your suggestions through a feature request

Let me know if you have additional questions!