360 Mobile Device Help

Mar 14, 2017

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded an SL2 course into 360 for use of the mobile device and HTML settings.

Unfortunately for us, testing hasn't gone very well.

The courses/browser crashes meaning that the learner would need to resume where they were which certainly isn't ideal. Out of multiple tests, I don't remember getting through the entire course without it crashing at least once.

When I am able to get through the course to the end, the next button ceases to work on the results slide. This isn't a huge issue as the score is submitted when the timeline starts, so technically the learner can close the course without losing their score, although once again, this certainly isn't ideal and preferably we would like the learner to see the next slide with the instruction to close the course/window.

We had assumed that this was down to the cache, so when looking at the published files we realised the images made up a huge percentage of the overall size. As a test, we compressed these and then tested the course again. It certainly runs a little smoother although I am still unable to complete the course without it crashing and with it letting me access the final slide.

Prior to the tablet test, these were tested on a PC/Laptop and there were no issues.

These tests were carried out on an LMS, ScormCloud and through the 360 Review tool.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Has anyone experienced the same issues on tablets?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Ollie

11 Replies
Jake Hurt

This is very worrying for us, 360 was designed for HTML5 playback on mobile devices, but if it doesn't work then there is no point in moving to it.

The course works flawlessly on PC/desktop, a previous version of the course we published in SL2 didn't have any crashing problems, but in 360 it crashes periodically.

The course itself works almost perfect on mobile devices apart from it crashing. We can't really provide products to clients saying that their content works for a little bit before breaking.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jake and Ollie,

It's definitely troubling to run into those crash situations, and also not what we'd be expecting to happen. We'd want to take a look at one of your courses (the original .story file in addition to the uploaded version) so that we could run some tests and see if we can spot what may be happening. If you'd like to share those you can send along to our Support team by uploading here. 

Ollie Potter

Hi Ashley,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

We are just running a couple of tests ourselves and hope to eradicate the issue, although, if we fail I will pass through the files.

In the meantime, please see the link below to one of the courses in question:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/cd5e60c1-4bfb-4d32-88b1-2ede6de02e8c/review

Always here to answer any questions.

Many thanks,

Ollie

Jake Hurt

Hi Ashley,

The issue is that when published to 'Restricted' or 'Locked' navigation, it periodically crashes any course when run in the mobile player.

This took us an entire week of testing to figure out - not too impressed!

However, when set to 'Unlocked' everything runs flawlessly on every device, really pleased with how it (eventually) turned out.

Thanks

Jake

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.