360 Modern Player - items with states often pixel shift upon hover

Sep 07, 2018

Hello,

Any ideas for addressing the pixel shift that results when users hover on an object with states?

The modern player has a polished look, and having pixel shifting objects just doesn't match the overall professional look of the new player. 

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you kindly,

Angi

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Angi and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out to let us know you're running into an issue with a pixel shift when hovering over an object.

We have a similar issue reported stating objects move 1 pixel when:

• using shapes with no outline
  • hovering over the shape
  • viewing the content in Firefox

Is this what you are experiencing as well?

Angi Lewis

Hi Leslie,

Thank you so much for responding!!

Yes, shift upon hovering over a shape or button continues to occur. It is not consistent throughout, and definitely happens when viewed through chrome too. 

It is easiest to notice where there is text on button, the text shift upon hover is hard to look at, it just hurts. Some instances appear in preview mode and others only at publish.  

Another snafu we're experiencing with modern player publishing is that text placed on top of a shape (in this case conversation bubble), is not aligned as it appears to be while working in/previewing file.

I've been testing different workarounds, and any input or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Kindest Regards,

Angi

Tessa Maki

Was any resolution found for this? I am experiencing the shifting of text on buttons even when not using the modern player. I also have many issues with States of buttons in general from courses that were updated from SL2 to 360. It's disappointing to run into so many issues with an upgrade. I see many threads that allude to the issues I'm having, but other than requesting that a file be shared, I've not seen any solutions be provided. Are these bugs looking to be fixed in future updates of SL360? Or can you provide information on potential solutions to try? (If these are listed somewhere else, I would appreciate a link...I've tried numerous search terms and haven't had luck finding what I need.)

Noel Sapp

I don't know if this aligns with what you're experiencing, but I've found that if I have a button (or a group of objects that has a trigger on the group) overlap the edge of the slide stage then I tend to get random jumpiness on some slide objects when clicking them. If it's a group, I've had to manually bring the group in a few pixels inside the border to stop it all. 

Angi Lewis

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble!

There has been no change in this issue as far as I know. Some future release will eventually address it and in the meantime, I have learned to accept the random pixel shift.

Upgrading from SL2 can be a heavy lift! Sometimes something as simple as ungrouping then regrouping a button set will fix something wonky, and sometimes it is simply faster to rebuild the set (and copy the triggers) than to trouble shoot. It looks like another suggestion is posted, hope it helps!

Please let me know if you find something that works!

Kindest Regards,

Angi  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.