360 photo and video support

Sep 08, 2017

We've got a Ricoh Theta 360 degree camera which we're using to create immersive learning experiences.

I'm trying to find out if Storyline 360 has support for 360 photos but having 360 in the product name makes searching hard!

106 Replies
Alicia Blitz

I agree. We we just talking about incorporating 360 video and how we going to have to go to Captivate in order to do it.

Wish they would add as a SL360 feature. I spoke with Articulate at DevLearn in October, and apparently they have already had it as a "Challenge" they did internally and it worked.

I don't want to have to go to Adobe, but I won't have a choice. :(

Katie Riggio

Thanks for adding your votes, everyone!

It truly helps us understand your need for this feature, and we take all of this into consideration as we prioritize and plan for future enhancements.

If we add this functionality in a future update of Storyline, we promise to update this discussion. Be sure to also keep an eye on all the new things we're adding to Storyline on our What's New page

Amanda El Bahou

Wondering if there is any update on 360 support?  We are currently building a number of training programs utilising 360/VR and are needing to partner with 3rd party hosting solutions to put a link into our learning courses to jump out to view and participate in the 360 video activities.  Would love an update on how this is going to be supported in the future!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Tsvetelina for adding your voice here!  If we add this to our new feature roadmap in the future, we'll definitely let you know.

I noticed that your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if you would like by clicking Edit beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Robert Sanford

I figured out a workaround for this issue that actually works pretty well. see my problem is that using a web object the student will need an internet connection which may not always be the case.  I figured out a way for the 360 photos or videos to display in my output regardless of being connected to the internet or not.  I still would like to see 360 support inside storyline however.

Dawg Fan
Robert Sanford

I figured out a workaround for this issue that actually works pretty well. see my problem is that using a web object the student will need an internet connection which may not always be the case.  I figured out a way for the 360 photos or videos to display in my output regardless of being connected to the internet or not.  I still would like to see 360 support inside storyline however.

Care to share?  :D

Robert Edgar

I've requested this before, and will add my request into this thread. Our company, Design and Measure, presently owns a high-end, high-definition 360 video camera, and is using Captivate to create interactive web objects that we are embedding in Storyline. The embedding works but is not ideal, we'd rather have the feature natively available in Storyline. 

Katie Riggio

Your votes are much appreciated, folks!

If we add this feature in a future update, we'll share the news here. Everyone who commented will get an email notification once any updates are shared since that automatically subscribes one to a discussion.

Thanks again, and you can keep up with all the new and exciting things we're adding to Articulate 360 on our What's New, What's Next page!