360 Teams Slide Management

Feb 13, 2019

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have someone else in my team edit/re-upload a slide that has been uploaded by me. We are wondering if using teams would be better than using a .storytemplate hosted on SharePoint. Multiple instructional designers are contributing to the template and we would like to maintain the ability to have it open for all on our team to make changes.

Under the permissions page (https://community.articulate.com/series/74/articles/storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-use-team-slides#permissions),  the table shows that only content creators and admins can make changes. Is there a way around this to allow the entire team to make changes without having Admin or being the original content creator?

Thanks,

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Hassan,

The original creator of a slide is the only person who can edit the original slide or delete it from Team Slides.

However, anyone on the team could insert the slide into a Storyline file, edit it, then share the slide back into Team Slides with a new name. 

For example, you could use the date as a naming convention to easily identify the most updated version of the slide: IntroSlide_02.13.19

Christine Padberg

I have added a slide deck to our Team Slides area in Storyline 360, but I can't see any way to edit it except to open it as a new project, make the changes, and save it back to the Team Slides area with a new name, and then delete the original. Is that really the correct workflow for the author to edit?

Vincent Scoma

Hi Christine, 

When working on team slides, all team members can do some tasks while only the original content owner can do others. If you are adding slides to an existing course created by another author, you can only replace slides that you have shared. You can’t replace slides shared by other team members.

If you need to make updates to slides you have created/shared, this article walks you through that process: Sharing Slides with Your Team

Please let us know if you have any questions! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.