360 - Test it! Can you edit hotspot trigger?

Dec 12, 2017

Hi all, 

I am needing some help on a Test it! trigger. 

I have simulations created where in View It! and Try it! - the student can click a Marker "?" to see the "steps" as a reminder if they get stuck. 

In Try it, I edited the trigger to say NOT to show Incorrect, or Try again when they hit the marker. they only see Try again if they hit other incorrect locations. The trigger I used to allow it is: 

Show layer Try again

• when the user clicks outside
  • Hotspot1 - "Rectangluar Hotspot 1" or
  • Marker1- "Marker"

I can't find how to edit the trigger during the Test it mode to do the same thing. Is there a way to do that during the Test phase?   

Hitting the trigger will not change their score, but it does pop up the Try Again (renamed here as Hmmm...) snip attached.

Thanks for any help you can provide! 

Amber

3 Replies
Amber Achenbach

Realized a work around I thought I would share in case anyone may need it one day :)

I changed the Marker options  to "show all on hover", rather than the default "click". 

If there is a way to change the Test it trigger, I would still love to know, though no hurry for project completion. :) Thanks! 

Amber

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Amber,

Glad you found a solution that'll work for you! It sounds like these are markers you've added into your screen recording? I'd be happy to take a look at your .story file to see how things are set up in Try it and Test it mode to offer some other ideas. Can you upload it here using the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.